Tuesday, June 12, 2007

God grant him rest

The parish received this email today:

"Two weeks ago I attended a funeral Mass at your church for ... I was duly impressed with the priest who said Mass. I do not know his name. I thought he did an outstanding job having no knowledge or relationship with the deceased or his family except for a short visit prior to the service. I felt he was genuine and expressed his compassion eloquently and thoughtfully presented Christ in an outstanding manner during this mournful time. I know we are all quick to criticize, especially the clergy, but I wanted to take the time to tell he and the staff that assisted him, GOOD JOB!

It had to be a real challenge, but you handled it admirably."

I appreciate the kind sentiments. Restore all things in Christ.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely letter and probably is understated do to space available on the stationary on which it was written. We all need to be recognized for the good things we do.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Odysseus said...

Father,

I have a somewhat related question for you. I lve in the diocese of Phoenix (just North of Camp Verde). Six years ago, summer of 2001, I was gravely injured in a car accident and taken care of in my mother's home in the Village of Oak Creek (near Sedona). On one occasion, at least, a "Father Gonzales" brought me communion.

Any chance that was you?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Fr LWG said...

Yes, Rob that was me. I subbed at St. Francis Cabrini in Camp Verde during the summer of 2001 for Fr. Kelly while he was on holiday in Ireland.

Thanks for remembering me. I also remember you and your family, and the circumstances surrounding your accident.

Blessings!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice that you are both recognized and remebered...

10:29 PM  
Blogger Odysseus said...

Thank you and God bless, Father.

I actually became able to walk again, and even had the rod removed from my leg a few years ago. Some things I'll never get back (hearing in my left ear, full movement of the left side of my face, etc) until the resurrection, but I don't pass a day without thanking God for the accident.

My wife and I had our third child last Easter and our fourth is due around Christmas.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fr, can you please pray for my oldest son? He was in a car accident Monday night and is in the ICU with head trauma (concussion, small hematoma on the right side of the brain) at JCLNM. I can't even begin to say how I'm feeling. :-( So far everything looks good. His guardian angel (and some angel buddies, I'm sure) were really looking out for him.

Thank you.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home