Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Latin mp3 downloads

Over the next several days I will be posting several links to mp3 downloads of various parts of the Traditional Latin Mass for those who are truly interested in learning the greatest gift the Church has given the world.

This audio recording features Father David O'Hanlon, curate at Batterstown, Co. Meath, as celebrant.

Fr O' Hanlon was born in 1969 and ordained in 1997. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in Classics in 1990, after which he attended the Pontifical Irish College in Rome. He obtained his STB (Sacrae Theologiae Baccalaureatus) from the Pontifical Gregorian University in 1994 and his STL (Sacrae Theologiae Licentiatus) from the Pontifical Patristics Institute (the Augustinianum) in Rome in 1997.

The part of the server is recited by Kieron Wood, a layman who lives in Dublin. Kieron is the producer and director of The Most Beautiful Thing This Side Of Heaven, a video on the rubrics of the Tridentine Mass featured in my last post.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the illustration! It must be what you really look like! Nice and great-great-uncle-like --exactly as I pictured.

I did think you'd look a little older, though.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not have an mp3 player ...and I do not have an i-pod. I guess I am the one who is old!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Fr LWG said...

Mp3's should play on your computer unless you're on a Comodore 64.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know what a Comodore 64 is. The only Comodore I am familiar with would be a member of the singing group the Comodores.

I will see if I can get my computer to play.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! And I thought the Latin lessons themselves a generous offering of your time and talent to us. Now MP3's too! Woo hoo! Nothing like hearing the Latin spoken. Thank you again, Father.

May He who will not be outdone in generosity, bless you abundantly this Holy Week and beyond.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! I was able to listen to the latin post that follows this!

Oh the irony: I feel so modern!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to know taht people are downloading the Mass audio from the LMSI site. Just to let you know that the Mass video is now available as a DVD too!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home