Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nuptial Mass

This afternoon I had the opportunity to celebrate a Nuptial Mass for a young couple. It was the most solemn, reverent wedding I have ever celebrated. In fact, it was the most solemn and reverent Mass I’ve ever celebrated at this parish. The small wedding party was dressed appropriately. The guests were respectful. The readings and oracions were thoughtfully selected. The additional décor was seasonal. At the family’s request, the music was also seasonal (Gloria, Silent Night, Joy to the World.) The vocalists sang with aplomb. It was nice to incorporate the Christmas season with this particular Mass. Truly a joyful experience.

Many thanks to the families involved, and blessings to the couple!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no show tunes? No theme from Star Wars? No balloons?

If I ever get married, I want to have the most orthodox, Catholic wedding possible. Why? Not merely because I can't stand night-at-the-Improv gimmicks and Oregon Catholic Press dreck, but also because there would be many non-Catholics in attendance, as well as fallen-away Catholics, and this could be my only chance to get some of them into a Catholic church. I think we have a duty to present non-Catholics with a clear choice between what they have now and what they could have, and we fail in this duty when we dumb down the liturgy.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home