Monday, November 27, 2006

November 27, 2006 Vision

In the Presence of the Blessed Sacrament while meditating on, “Nothing that happens to us is contrary to the will of Providence, and everything that is sent to us by God is for our good and the salvation of our souls. Even if it does not seem beneficial at the present moment, we shall understand later that it is what is willed by God, and not what we ourselves desire, that is useful for us.” (Saint Nilus Sorsky), the Lord afforded me this vivid image:

I took a huge cross to my chest and placed it upon my right shoulder. Its weight and roughness dug into my flesh. I murmured, complaining about the pain. I then looked to the right, noticing that the majority of the cross didn’t even touch me. I bent to embrace its coarse bulk. With that embrace, my entire being easily accepted the discomfort. At that moment a hand gently touched my left shoulder. I sensed Who it was. I nodded, affirming His Presence, understanding His will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you keep a hard copy of this info.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home