Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"What's the buzz?..."

"...Tell me what's a happenin'."

The Catholic world is a buzz with regard to the news in my previous post.

Catholic News Service (CNS) of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), published their unnamed Vatican source today.

Rorate Caeli blog has some thought-provoking snippits.

The New Liturgical Movement blog adds their commentary: includes a Google search list.

Rocco Palma at Whispers in the Loggia blog includes this news in his Wednesday patter.

If you have a subscription to Catholic World News (CWN) you can read the entire story.

Father Jim Tucker at Dappled Things blog includes a Novus Ordo perspective commentary.

Spirit Daily has headlined the same, amidst a host of other sources (AP, UPI, Reuters).

Of course, the secular press is having field day readying feature articles. As I mentioned in the comment section of my previous post, I was interviewed by a local newspaper reporter this afternoon. I mentioned that I have the approval of my bishop, per the Ecclesia Dei Afflicta Indult, to celebrate the Mass of Pius V. (Though due to pastoral obligations at my parish, I have not been able to celebrate it as scheduled in our Diocese.) This peaked his interest. I made it a point to opine that the average Catholic-in-the-pew would not be affected negatively. Those who choose to worship via the 1970 Pauline (Pope Paul VI) Missal would continue. Those who wish to worship with the 1570 Pian (Saint Pius V) Missal would be accommodated more generously.

Please allow me to move these comments into the spiritual reality. Grace flows as humanity continues worshipping in spirit and in truth. The Traditional Latin Mass is a vehicle for grace. Allowing its wide-spread application multiplies these graces.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Heiner said...

Father

Call me a curmudgeon, but I'll believe when I put my fingers in the folds of the "liberated" books and feel the covers with my own hands.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Fr LWG said...

Stephen, I understand. I hope and pray we are not disappointed again as we were in the Spring.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I so believe that the graces that come from the Latin Mass are beyond a doubt very valuable. I pray for you Fr. Gonzales that you may be able to say this Mass at any time that you wish. I pray for the conversion of all priests to have this right without interference from anyone. I will pray that the Holy Ghost guides our Holy Father to sign this document soon

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home