Monday, October 30, 2006

October 30, 2006 Vision

In the Sacred Presence of the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar this day, the Lord gifted me with this vision after meditating on the following:
We must not complain or run away in time of darkness, because out of darkness is born the light. -- Saint Catherine of Siena
Standing in shadow with head bent, and shoulders stooped before a glorious monstrance upon a beautifully appointed altar came a brillant light eminating from the Sacred Host. This warm light, brighter than any earthly glow, enveloped me in warmth. In an instant my body was healed of any discomfort and fatigue. I stood erect as the brillance diminished, and I was again able to see the altar, candles, and ostensorium. Brought to wholeness I praised God for this gift. The gift of fortitude and perserverance to continue our mission for the salvation of souls.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious to know if you have had other visions. Your language in this post is rich, yet does not express surprise. I'm also glad that you are documenting -- and sharing this.

It's obvious that you are a very good man. You are a generous one as well.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that someone in your neck of the woods gives you an unexpected hug on my annonymous behalf.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Fr LWG said...

Please refer to Sunday, August 6 and Wednesday August 9 posts. The visions always manifest in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament while meditating. They all strengthen my priesthood

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gifts! What else can be said? Have you had other visions before the ones mentioned in your dramatic August posts? Again, you did not seem surprised.

I would think certainly think the visions would strengthen your priesthood. Might be a bit unnerving if you were not in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament but perhaps not.

Once, when I was truly terrified because of a medical event, I felt arms around me and knew it was Jesus.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a "monstance?" Can't find it in my dictionary or in dictionary.com.
It is not in my copy of Catechism of the Catholic Church. Like the sound of it though.

You hear about saints having visions. This is really very exciting. Make sure -- young man -- you eat your vegetables, get lots of sleep, make time for your friends and exercise so that you live a long time in order to accomplish everything God has planned for you and (and so people can continue to read your blog).

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both need and welcome affirmation that is dramatic. Glad you are getting what you need.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Fr LWG said...

Give, receive, give.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

A monstrance is the object where Our Lord is placed in for Eucharistic Adoration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monstrance

Anyway, thank you Fr. for sharing such a brillant post.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home